Wednesday 5 June 2013

Spinning angora

I spun a worsted style yarn from some of my first blend of 30:20 merino:angora and was thrilled with the result. After I'd washed the yarn it became fluffier. Here is a knitted sample. I think this blend works well. The yarn has a lovely angora halo and the merino gives it bounce. One idea is to make a beautiful bunny hat with ears for my 6 month old granddaughter.
For the second batch of carding, I used pink merino sliver and angora in a ratio of 4:1. This time I handcarded the angora.
 then made a sandwich with the merino on the outside and angora as the filling.
I elongated the sandwich as I put it through the wild carder


I separated the batt into two lengthwise then made each smaller batt into a pile of 4 pieces. I took a section from one batt and elongated it then put it through the carder. Then one from the second pile and so on alternating the pieces.

 Here are the exquisite balls of fluff.




No comments:

Post a Comment