Monday 8 February 2016

Bunny

A spinning group I belong to chooses a different fibre each year for its members to experiment with. In 2015 the fibre was bunny
Two years ago I had a love affair with bunny. I was given two "fleeces" and I happily played with them, discovered mouse nests and sorted them by length into various boxes. I spun them into beautiful yarn for hats for small children and added bunny fibre to felted berets. Please see posts June 2013 . When I was offered some bunny I thought fine, that won't be too hard, I've done it before. But it was. In the meantime I had fallen heavily for Gotland curls. We've been together for over a year and there's no sign of the relationship ending. I coped with the first sample by adding Gotland curls as bunny tails. 

I forced myself to do a second sample many months later. It was supposed to be bunny whiskers. Fibres are my play time. It made no sense to force myself to spin a fibre I didn't relate to. I made a really bad job of it. The day after I'd knitted a sample of bunny whiskers I was back to my beloved Gotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment